Survey Campaign Management
On this Page
A survey campaign is an approach where TSL uses digital advertising to promote an offer to prospects to receive an incentive for completing a survey and/or taking a call with TSL's customer.
The following services and fees are necessary components of a survey campaign, and have related subproject templates in Clarizen that correspond. They may not be specific line items on the SOW.
- Landing Page with survey questions and offer/incentive
- Advertising setup and management, typically via LinkedIn (may be Sponsored Updates, InMail, or both)
- Advertising click spend costs (costs + 10% pass through fee) (MAY OR MAY NOT be included in budget; the customer may opt to pay directly. Refer to SOW for confirmation.)
- PMC Hourly: Calling hours for survey responder follow-up
- Commission & Bonus budget for BDTM (costs + 10%)
- Fulfillment incentive costs (costs + 10% pass through fee)
- Fulfillment management (20% of costs)
- CJ management
- Projects management
Campaign Budgeting Guidelines
- To build out how much PM fee and PMC call budget you will need, refer to this Pricing Page.
- For BDTM Commission Payment: Find out from Ryan N what he expects. Do we have a large audience and expect a large number of leads? Is the expected cost per conversion high or low? Default is to set campaign with a level 1 FO for each facilitation. IF Ryan says the audience is small or he expects a low number of conversions you can email this information to Lauren Langer and Ken English and request permissions to pay out a level 2 FO for each facilitation. -- Set max lead count in Clarizen based off budget set aside and the above calculator at the approved BDTM payout.
Clarizen Linking & Setup
- At the end of your LP/TYP set up add a task for your LP to be linked to Hubspot. Link this task to the Publish LP/TYP task. Choose the option in which the Integration with Hubspot tasks depends on the Publish LP/TYP task. Choose Finish to Start.
- If InMail Ads: Link the "Landing Page and Thank You Page R1 Copy Edits - Post for Design (QA to follow Build)" task to "LinkedIn InMail Message & Image QA" task. Choose the option in which the LinkedIn Mail task depends on the Landing Page task. Choose Finish to Start.
- Link the Activate Ads Task to the Landing Page Integration with Hubspot task. Choose the option in which the Activation of the Ads depends on the Integration with Hubspot task. Choose Finish to Start.
- Link the PMC calling start date with the "Activate Ads" task. Choose the option in which the PMC calling start date depends on the Activation of the Ads. Choose Finish to Start.
- If doing InMail and Sponsored Ads load the template that includes both.
- Under the Commission subproject link the "When campaign is complete, reconcile PO with final amount paid" task to the PMC calling subproject so that the "When campaign is complete, reconcile PO with final amount paid" task depends on PMC calling. Choose Finish to Finish.
Calls and Agendas
Call 1: Internal Sales Kickoff Call
Attendees: Sales account owner, Digital Manager, Customer Journey Manager, Digital Ad Specialist
- 1 : Understand campaign scope
- 2: Understand client expectations
- 3: Make sure all are on the same page for the client kick off call
- 1: Review SOW
- 2: What promises were made to the customer about what we will deliver (tactics, lead guarantees vs. estimations?
- 3: What digital and CJ tactics are we running?
- 4: What is the campaign message?
- Set time for the client KOC and for the digital ad workshop
Manager next steps:
- Put the answers to the agenda questions on the Clarizen task for that call.
Call 2: Advertising Kickoff
Attendees: Customer, Sales account owner, Digital Manager, Ryan N ad manager
- Build out audience segmentation with the client
- Forecast expected volume of responders based on audience targeting and available click spend
- Confirm offer type, amount, requirements (one offer to take the survey; is there need for a secondary offer to take a call with a rep?)
- Confirm where the offer LP will be built (on customer website, on Unbounce as a subdomain, via a TSL Hubspot instance?)
- *Note this call MUST be recorded* Call should ideally occur on Teams to be recorded but if not can use Uber Conference OR Go to meeting but Call Organizer needs to have access to be able to record. At the end of the call the recording should be placed on the calls task in clarizen for future reference.
Agenda to send to customer:
We will discuss:
Internal Call Guide (questions to gather intel needed)
Recap Email to Customer
- Sales to Introduce Ryan N and let him lead ad audience segmentation, ad spend, offer for the survey
- Ryan will send over email segmentation build out based off of this call (may take a couple days). Manager is to forward to the client for their review and final approval.
Manager next steps:
- Get the audience segmentation from Ryan and send to client for approval and find out if this segmentation is all Ryan needs or if he needs a list to import
- Get direction from Ryan if he believes InMail, Sponsored Ads, Google Ads, etc or a combination will be used and load tasks into Clarizen accordingly
Call 3: Customer Kickoff Call
Attendees: Customer, Sales account owner, Digital Manager, Customer Journey Manager
- 1: Get confirmation that the digital Ads workshop with Ryan audience build is approved
- 2: Discuss campaign tactics and timeline
- 3: Set up Survey copy and TYP copy intake call
- 4: Get campaign messaging assets that can be provided to copywriter before intake call
- 5: Discuss that with digital ads campaigns there is never a lead guarantee. But that TSL manages the overall campaign budget (calling, ad spend, and fulfillment) to ensure that the client get is best overall outcome. We are agile with the budget and that we will be sure to be vocal if our ads specialist is seeing a low conversion rate or a high cost per conversion and we can use these times to discuss suggested campaign changes if needed.
- 6: If Ryan needs a list to import be sure to bring this up and remind them
- 7: Get the following:
- • The branding guidelines you need us to follow for the Ad/InMail/Landing Page
• Who you want your InMail sender to be and their email address that is linked to their LinkedIn
• Any and all logos that will need to be on the Ad/InMail/Landing Page ( .eps or .ai format preferred, otherwise the highest resolution file available (i.e. largest size JPEG))
Agenda to send to client before the call:
Hi X, I look forward to meeting you on our upcoming campaign kick off call. Our agenda for the call will be the following:
- 1: Meet and greet. Who's who on the TSL team and your team.
- 2: Confirmation that the previously provided digital ad segmentation is in line with what you were wanting and discussed with our digital ad specialist.
- 3: Discuss campaign tactics and campaign timeline
- 4: Set up time for a survey copy/landing page intake call with our copywriter
- 5: Discuss campaign message assets that can be provided to help our copywriter and help in the development of the campaign call guide
- 6: Discuss who the leads will be sent to and the lead assignment process on your end and the assignment timeline requirements on TSL end. (see attached "TSL Conference Call Process - for Business Partner Use document)
- 7: If InMail being used: Discuss who sender will be
Recap Email to Customer
- Send a recap of items discussed on the call including:
- Outline the answers to all the agenda points
- Provide the TSL Conference Call Process doc again
- Send out invite for the intake call to all (including copywriter)
- Request the messaging assets
- Place this in email: "Please note that there is no lead guarantee for this campaign. However, we will be in contact regularly with you and letting you know how far through the campaign we are at all times. If at any time you feel this campaign isn’t working and you would like to re-scope it, cancel it, or just change the messaging up please let us know. If we (TSL) feel the campaign could be benefitted from this as well, we may bring it up at any given time to help ensure you get the most out of your campaign."
- If Ryan needs a list for digital audience build add that as an action item for them to provide
- If InMail being used: Request email address of the sender. Needs to be the email address associated with their LinkedIn account
- Request any branding guidelines they will need us to follow for the Ad/InMail/Landing Page
- Request any and all logos that will need to be on the Ad/InMail/Landing Page ( .eps or .ai format preferred, otherwise the highest resolution file available (i.e. largest size JPEG)
Manager next steps:
- Set up copy intake call and set up all tactics in Clarizen and link as list below.
- Attach the messaging assets the client provides to the copy intake call task for the copywriter so they have the time to prep.
Call 4: Survey/Landing Page Copy Intake call
Attendees: Customer, Digital Manager, Customer Journey Manager, Copywriter
- Find out the type questions the client is looking to gather in the survey
- Discuss the incentive/offer - provide suggestions
- Make sure copywriter has what they need to make a 1st draft of the survey/Landing Page and Thank you Page (and email if we are emailing).
- *Note this call MUST be recorded* Call should ideally occur on Teams to be recorded but if not can use Uber Conference OR Go to meeting but Call Organizer needs to have access to be able to record. At the end of the call the recording should be placed on the calls task in Clarizen for future reference.
- Introduce copywriter to the team
- Discuss Survey title and questions
- Discuss and finalize offer
Manager next steps/Notes:
- Attach call recording to the intake call task in clarizen
- After the survey copy has been written, reviewed by QA and Digital ad specialist, and QA states that it is ready to be sent to the client - Send to client and let them know they should send it around to all parties that will require signoff and that the edits/suggestions should be congregated in 1 email or on the document in track changes and provided back to you by the "Receive and Post Client's R1 Landing Page and Thank You Page Feedback" task date in Clarizen
PM to dos:
- Setup bi-weekly checkpoint call with client
- Create campaign call guide for BDTM (Process here)
- Send fulfillment request to Jen with approved PO amount and number (Process Here)
- Create campaign Progress Report (Process here)
- Create "team name" in VanillaSoft (Process here)
- Approve bi-weekly payroll for BDTM when leads facilitate (link to resource page on how to do this)
Reference: Survey Question Examples
Document from Brian. A guide for campaigns - TSL Marketing - SMART-Integrated Marketing Survey - Playbook.pptx
- Project request needs to be under multiple places (Ads and LP/TYP). how do we streamline?