What is a Multi-touch Marketing Campaign?
Have you ever wondered what exactly is a multi-touch marketing campaign? For those not in the know, a multi-touch marketing campaign utilizes multiple methods of reaching out to prospects in order to maximize the effectiveness of a campaign. An example would be a campaign that combines telemarketing with direct mail, email, and a webinar.
Creating Your Own Multi-touch Campaign
Though it may seem overwhelming, a multi-touch marketing campagin may be more simple to deploy than you think. We wanted to share some of our first-hand knowledge with you, so here are a few steps and tips to get you moving forward with your first (or 100th) multi-touch campaign.
- Brainstorm and research the best ways to connect with your prospects. Are there tactics that you already perform that you're good at? Are there ways for you to combine a few of them so that they work well together?
- Determine your budget beforehand so that you do not get sidetracked by ideas that you can't afford to implement.
- Have a follow up procedure in place if you are intending to use direct mail or email of some sort. Calls placed to the recipients of direct mail and email can tell you if your tactics are being recieved, and if so what the response to them may be.
- Think outside the box. A good brainstorming session with some colleagues may produce some interesting ideas for unique campaigns that may prove more effective than the same messaging you have used in the past.
- Be Consistent. If you are utilizing multiple tactics such as email and direct mail, be sure the recipient will know they are part of the same campaign simply by looking at them.
- Be flexible. If you are finding that the response to one of your tactics isn't as good as you had hoped, focus on the parts of your campaign that are doing well and put more time and energy into those. You may even consider doing away with the part of your campaign that is less effective altogether.
Multi-touch marketing is becoming more and more popular as companies strive to increase awareness. You may very well find that your most effective campaigns involve a multi-touch approach, but you will never know unless you try!