In order for marketers to get their foot in the door, they need relevant and meaningful content in their arsenal. As reported on the Content Marketing Institute blog, “According to the Roper Public Affairs, 80% of business decision makers prefer to get company information in a series of articles versus an advertisement. 70% say content marketing makes them feel closer to the sponsoring company, while 60% say that company content helps them make better product decisions.”
Organizations that use their resources to build quality collateral and marketing pieces stand a better chance to bridge the gap between prospect and customer. High-level insight and research can further enhance a company’s brand equity by driving a new level of trust and credibility with their potential consumers.
Accordingly, quality content can come in various forms, including:
- White Papers – A white paper is a short report on a technical subject relevant to your products/services that a prospect can download at no cost.
- Videos – A two to three minute video can often convey a lot more information than an eight to ten page white paper.
- Webinars and tutorials (live or recorded) – Webinars can be considered a specific type of video, where a topic is explored in real time by one or more speakers and is generally accompanied by a slide presentation.
- Knowledge Base Articles – Every company that provides a product or service will have common issues that users run into.
- Case Studies – A case study is a report that describes how a specific company benefited from your products or services.
- Blog Posts – Many companies have blogs as part of their corporate web site, but may not know how to efficiently utilize it, because the format can be so different than other content types.
With all of these different pieces available, it’s important to understand what types of content will work best for your business. This is where TSL Marketing steps into the picture. We’ll help you come up with a sound content marketing strategy, generate content at a cost that fits your budget, and deploy content to engage your target audience.
To see TSL’s step-by-step process for using rich content to boost ROI, download our white paper: Using Content Marketing to Increase Lead Conversion.