SEO Manager Job Description
Experience Level desired: 8+ years
Compensation: Salary commensurate w/ experience. Bonus, discretion of management.
We are seeking a skilled, analytical SEO manager to join our team to develop new keyword strategies that will improve our organic search rankings, drive more traffic, and generate new inbound links from high-authority websites. Do you love SEO and staying ahead of the game on SEO best practices and developments? Are you looking to exercise your search talents? Do you get jazzed up about PPC strategies? Do you know when a display ad works, and when it doesn't? Then this is the job for you!
TSL Marketing is looking for a SEO Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will possess the following core strengths:
- Passion for SEO and overall internet marketing
- You are a problem solver, an information architect.
- You can work with senior business minds to help them articulate their messages to their customers, then you can translate them into a digital plan that will put them ahead of the curve.
- You are an energizing person, not only with your work but with your work ethic and style.
- You are proud of your work, but realize it really belongs to the client and the customer.
- You are a self-starter and strive to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You are about being part of something as great as you are.
- Manage and execute implementation of SEO strategy for our clients
- Developing and implementing keyword strategies to increase page rankings, reduce bounce rates and traffic (relevancy)
- Perform keyword research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities
- Evaluating and altering strategies based on a comprehensive understanding of analytics.
- Practicing white-hat, honest, and creative SEO tactics.
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and development
- Building and executing link-building and directory strategies to enhance off-page SEO.
- Communication to clients, team, and management on strategy/project development, timelines, and results
- Planning and implementing paid search campaigns
- Tracking, tweaking, and evaluating paid search strategies
- Reporting on paid search metrics
- Tracking Google AdWords analytics
- Communicating progress with the marketing team on all digital fronts for TSL clientele
- Optimizing marketing spend on paid search
- Must be willing to work after normal business hours when needed
- Other duties as defined by Director of Digital Strategy & VP Emerging Media
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically and identify and resolve problems
- An analytical mind with the ability to evaluate and tweak approaches based on a comprehensive understanding of our business' goals.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- 8+ years' experience in Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Strong understanding of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) process
- Experience working with popular keyword tools (Google, MOZ, Keyword Planner, SEMrush, AHREFS)
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in multiple CMS environments
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and website administration
- Knowledge of PPC programs and optimizing data gathered from both organic and paid sources
- BS/BA degree required
- Strong Google AdWords experience (certification is a plus).
- Bid management tools experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
TSL Marketing offers:
- An Opportunity to work with some of the world's largest IT solutions providers.
- Dynamic, challenging, international work environment.
- A team with a high level of energy, integrity and motivation to win.
- Exciting internal career opportunities.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package.
- An individual professional development plan.