TSL is looking for a Director of Paid Search who has a passion for digital marketing that energizes the team and our customers in the B2B tech space. They must take pride and ownership of developing and implementing Google and LinkedIn advertising strategies that meet goals and optimize customers’ ad spend budgets. Our Director of Paid Search will serve as a technical and strategic leader among our team and with customers.
- Serve as a collaborative internal team leader among subject matter experts in other disciplines (UX/CRO, SEO), advising and mentoring on cohesive strategies and optimization opportunities
- Translate ad strategies and concepts into a clear and measurable advertising plan, and relay task-level requirements to the project manager to coordinate customer communications and schedule project work.
- Develop ad strategy and perform campaign setups, including but not limited to:
- Evaluating targeting parameters and spend to estimate audience reach and campaign duration
- Performing keyword research in collaboration with SEO managers to meet customers’ business objectives
- Setting up goal/conversion tracking
- Take a proactive approach to monitoring ad performance to manage spend budgets, and identify opportunities to test and optimize
- Participate in customer calls with professionalism and a confident, consultative tone to build trust in the TSL team’s digital expertise in the B2B tech space.
- In internal and external communication, effectively communicate advertising concepts, project status updates, performance to goals, recommendations, next steps and tactical needs to implement them.
- Provide analysis highlights and recommendations to internal team (project managers, digital production team members, and account owners) via written communication (including reports) and calls in order to drive toward goals.
- Monitor ad platform and digital marketing industry trends and changes. Find ways to adopt innovative strategies to continue to meet project goals.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes for ad campaign management and the like to improve the quality and/or volume of work performed.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills to balance many campaigns’ needs
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- A “tinkerer” with a natural curiosity to dig deep in data to find ways to test, iterate, and improve
- At least 3 years of recent experience with setups and management of LinkedIn and Google AdWords paid search/PPC and display advertising as a primary job function
- Must have experience with advertising to B2B audiences
- Strong understanding of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as it relates to search advertising strategies
- Current Google Ads Search and Google Ads Display Certifications are required
- Google Ads Measurement Certification is a bonus
- Confident user of Google Analytics with a knowledge of HTML/CSS and website administration for tracking installs and goal setups